Please answer the following questions as self-contained responses. (Ex. My name is Martha Nguyen. I would prefer to be called Marty. I am from San Diego. Etc.). If you are uncomfortable responding to a question simply respond by writing “I prefer not to answer.”)
1. What is your name? What would you like to be called in class?
2. Where are you from?
3. What languages do you know?
4. What is your field of study?
5. Are you a first generation college student?
6. Do you have a job? What do you do? How many hours do you work in a week?
7. How many classes are you enrolled in this semester?
8. Do you have other obligations or interests (caring for a relative, membership in a club, etc.) that take up a significant portion of your time?
9. Are you a veteran? If so, when did you serve and what was your job in the military?
10. What was the best non-required novel you read in the last year?
11. Describe your reading habits. Do you read often? What kind of texts do you read? Where/when do you read? Is it difficult to find the time or maintain the necessary concentration to read?
12. Roughly, how many hours a day do you spend on the internet?
13. Roughly, how many times a day do you look at your cell phone?
14. What’s the last film you saw in a theater?
15. Recommend a song that you like.