For “History” in the HUM303 questionnaire.
- Any events that happened in the past.
2. History is trying to understand the ideas, behaviors and beliefs from people and events from the past.
3. History is a relational flow that can only be studied by witnessing movement. All human history can be found in the cyclical rising and falling, waking and sleeping, birth and death and resurrection, of the most minute individual. As Joyce once remarked, “in the particular is contained the universal”. History in and of itself is a fall of flow into static ink on paper, but is reanimated by the ever-changing material conditions it is comprehended within. These cycles of rising and falling do seem to be determined by negation: capitalism was once the negation of feudalism, communism, for now, lives only in the slightest gesture of that which negates alienation.
4. History is subjective, cyclical, revealing, and necessary for the progression of humanity
5. History is a giant game of telephone. It is a translated account of events that have happened in the past.
6. History is relics and stories of the past that create where we are today. History is a timeline of events that shows us the evolutionary concepts of art and culture and humanity.
7. it is narrative of the victor who shape the world in there image. it also the bit and pieces of multiple event put together to form a coherent story
8. History is the representation of everything that happened before the present. It’s the location of our cultural myths, half-truths, larger-than-life characters, and voids of information that generate our understanding of the present moment.
9. History, to me, is the events of the past that help us make better choices for the future. We cannot grow or change, unless we learn for our mistakes, wins, trials, and tribulations. History may not always be facts but it is the personal narrative of whoever may be telling the story.
10. History somethings that happen in the past for people to remembering forever. If you read a history book you will find something that is true and fact because they never lie in the past. Back in my high school year I always wonder if History is always true. I feel like people have a lot of history in the past they don’t really tell us everything. This is why I joining the class to know more.
11. History is like a review of past events that happened and marked a change in which nowadays we experience it.
12. I would define history as an unstructured timeline of events where no one point in time has only one event happening at the moment. The timeline itself is constantly being reorganized and rewritten based on new discoveries and new interpretations of old discoveries.
13. History can be many things. History can be written records, language and traditions passed down and events.
14. History is human’s narration of the past. It involves both change and continuity. The past is not history because history is the popular notion of the past.
15. History is our past and it enables us to analyze the mistakes of our ancestors. Through History we can avoid making the same mistakes our ancestors did.